What Is a Blog & Why Do I Need One for Vancouver Internet Marketing?
Digital marketing in Vancouver is a competitive game, and great content can help you win it—but it isn’t all you need. Regular updates are a must.
A blog is a website (or part of a website) with fresh content—usually articles—added regularly. Not all businesses have blogs, but they should. Well-crafted content increases organic search engine traffic, gets new customers, and establishes authority. Better yet, it’s a bargain compared to paid advertisements.
Top 5 Reasons to Update Your Blog Regularly – Tips from a Digital Marketing Agency
• Boost search rankings—Search engines consider numerous things when deciding rankings, and consistent updates convince search algorithms that your blog is still relevant.
• Share to social media profiles—Unlike static web pages, blogs provide an influx of new material. Each post gives you a reason to share on social media. In this way, blogs do double duty.
• Share more information—Blogs let businesses share as many articles as they please while keeping posts organized in easy-to-navigate categories.
• Get customers back to your site—Out of sight, out of mind. Blog posts allow you to recapture the attention of forgetful fans who love your offerings but can’t remember to check your site without reminders.
• Build trust and improve branding—Blogs are a brilliant way to establish authority and expertise; not everyone is able to create authoritative content based on years of experience. You can cover numerous topics with the skill and depth they deserve.
How To Start a Blog: Content Creation & Content Calendars
Preparation is key. That’s why you’ve got to start by generating topics to write about. Brainstorming is one way to do it, but keeping customer interest in mind is essential. Keyword research, reading successful blogs in your industry, and customer interest surveys are a few ways to discover what your audience wants.
Most writers find creating outlines helpful; they provide guidance so that you cover all the relevant details without going off course. The process might take more time than you’re ready to give, though. Hiring a copywriter or marketing agency might be wise if that’s the case.
Some companies create content and then post it immediately. Still, most businesses benefit from preparing batches of articles ahead of time. No matter what you choose, it’s best to create a content calendar. Make one by defining goals, picking a calendar tool, outlining the creation process, establishing timelines, and documenting results to see if you need to pivot.
Though some business owners successfully manage blogs themselves, many prefer to rely on trusted digital marketing agencies. The right agency will save you time and money by doing all the necessary research, using the right tools, creating the ideal schedule, and picking skilled writers.