The Dangers of a Not-Secure Website
Some companies and website owners view cybersecurity as a meaningless expenditure. It's easy to think that way when you're not actively seeing how website security measures protect you. But just because you've never experienced issues doesn't mean they'll never happen.
A not-secure website has countless vulnerabilities. Cybersecurity is an ever-evolving threat, and an estimated 30,000 sites experience hacking attempts every day. It's not just small sites that suffer, either. Many high-profile data leaks prove that web security isn't an area where you can afford to compromise.
With possible customer information, trade secrets, financial information, and more on the line, website security packages from ROI Web Marketing are a must. We're a Vancouver-based digital marketing agency committed to helping small businesses like yours. We strive to boost your bottom line and generate growth while keeping your website safe.
Why You Need to Perform a Website Security Check
A security check from ROI Web Marketing can highlight surprising vulnerabilities in your digital space. These checks are thorough, highlighting issues you need to address immediately. We have experience dealing with a wide range of potential disasters and hacks.
We can help you secure your website and provide ongoing updates to mitigate problems as they evolve. But it's up to you to take those steps. If you don't, you could experience many challenges that will only worsen with time.
- Low Traffic and Visibility - Internet users don't want to visit websites that put their devices at risk. All it takes is that “Connection Not Secure” website banner to turn them away, resulting in significantly lower traffic and marketing ROI.
- Consumer Trust - If you fall prey to a cyber attack, you could risk your customer's data. Data breaches often force loyal customers to look elsewhere, which can break that long-standing trust with your company.
- Business Impact - It doesn't matter whether you lose sensitive information or your site goes down. Your business will suffer. Cyber attacks can result in a significant downturn in revenue that takes years to recover.
- Search Engine Blocklisting - Search engines treat vulnerable websites differently. Google quarantines roughly 10,000 suspicious websites daily, preventing accessibility and marketing visibility.
- Financial Implications - Security breaches and hacks can cost your business dearly. The cleanup after a security issue is far costlier than the website security measures you need to evade problems.
How to Secure a Website
Website security is complex, and knowing how to secure a website isn't as cut and dry as it might seem. Threats evolve regularly. Security isn't a one-time deal. It's an investment that can keep your website safe in the long term.
There are several ways ROI Web Marketing can keep your website secure. Here are a few ways to secure your digital space after transferring it to ROI Web Hosting.
- Full website backups for easy restoration
- Content Management System (CMS) updates
- Installation and configuration of security plugins
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) installation
- Anti-malware software installation and configuration
- Regular website security check scans
Website Security Solutions from ROI Web Marketing
Don't assume that your website is safe. With cybercriminal activity on the rise, website security should be more than an afterthought. Protect your business, maintain your brand reputation, and continue serving your customers. With help from ROI Web Marketing, staying safe on the web has never been easier.
We offer comprehensive website design, hosting, and marketing services. Our agency caters to small businesses throughout Canada. We're eager to provide reliable and safe hosting service to help your brand grow.